Important Information Following Hurricane Ida:
Healthcare services play a vital role in any community, especially in our community recently impacted by a natural disaster in addition to a worldwide pandemic. We are working on plans to provide a temporary hospital facility while our current building is being renovated. Services that were provided in the main hospital building are now provided in the new locations on our main campus.
We're here for you, South Lafourche!
Lady of the Sea is offering the following services to the South Lafourche community:
EMERGENCY SERVICES - available 24/7 since September 11th at our new location: 104 West 134th Street; next door to the Ambulance Station and across the street from the hospital heli-pad. Follow signs from either Hwy 1 or Hwy 3235. ER physicians and nursing staff on-site. Call (985) 632-6401 for more info.
FAMILY MEDICAL CLINICS -
- Lady of the Sea Family Medical Clinic – Cut Off: all providers are in the clinic seeing patients Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Outpatient Lab, Radiology and Cardiopulmonary services offered. Walk-Ins welcome. Covid-19 vaccinations and Flu vaccinations available. Call (985) 632-6233 for an appointment, or CLICK HERE for more information.
- Lady of the Sea Family Medical Clinic – Larose: all providers are in the clinic seeing patients Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Outpatient lab services offered. Walk-Ins welcome. Covid-19 vaccinations and Flu vaccinations available. Call (985) 798-7000 for an appointment, or CLICK HERE for more information.
OUTPATIENT SERVICES -
- Laboratory - available at both family medical clinics Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for anyone with a physician order. Lab services are also available with an order at the ER in the evenings and weekends. Call (985) 632-8277 for more info.
- Radiology – X-ray, CAT Scan, and Ultrasound are currently offered at LOSMC – Cut Off Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM for anyone with a physician order. Outpatient Radiology services are also available at the ER for evenings and weekends. Call (985) 632-8359 for more info.
- Cardiopulmonary (Holter Monitors, EKGs, etc.) – offered Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for anyone with a physician order. Call (985) 632-6401 for more information.
OUTPATIENT REHAB CLINIC - Lady of the Sea Outpatient Rehab Therapy is open Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 AM to Noon. Now located in the temporary building on the parking lot of Dialysis, at the corner of Highway 1 and West 134th Street in Cut Off. Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy for children and adults with a physician order. Call (985) 632-7919 for more info or CLICK HERE.
- Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy #1 – open in lobby and drive-thru at LOSMC-Cut Off. Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy is available for all patients. Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Call (985) 325-9750 for more info or CLICK HERE.
- Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy #2 – open in Rouse’s Supermarket on Highway 3235 in Larose. Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy is available for all patient prescriptions Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Call 985-693-9260 for more info or CLICK HERE.
The following are currently closed:
Lady of the Sea Dialysis Clinic – Due to extensive damage to the Dialysis Clinic caused by Hurricane Ida, the building is closed. The building had to be gutted due to significant water damage. Renovations are estimated to take months as the renovated unit must meet current building codes and dialysis regulations. In the interim, the hospital is reviewing options to bring back dialysis services in a specialized mobile trailer. The requirements for the water system to provide dialysis are complex, and a simple mobile trailer cannot be used. For additional information please call 985-632-6401 and press 7 for Administration.
The Learning Center - no plans to reopen at this time.
Our nurse friends from Our Lady of the Lake distributed food and supplies in the parking lot of the Dialysis Unit in Galliano on September 13, 2021.
Visit with government officials:
On October 11, 2021, Lady of the Sea administration met with local and federal government officials and gave a tour of the damaged building to help assess the healthcare needs of the community. Pictured below: (From left) LOSGH Chief Clinic Officer Tad Lafont; LOSGH Board of Commissioners President C. Michael Callais; Lafourche Parish Council Member District 8 D’Lynn Chiasson; LOSGH Chief Operating Officer Lloyd Guidry, Jr; U.S. Representative Steve Scalise; Lafourche Parish President Archie Chaisson; LOSGH Chief Executive Officer Karen Collins; and LOSGH Attorney Denise Allemand.
LOSGH in the Media:Listen to an interview with CEO Karen Collins about LOSGH from Ailsa Chang with National Public Radio (NPR) which aired 10/6/2021.
Watch a video news segment about LOSGH from Mike McDaniel with Eyewitness News (WWL) which aired 9/16/2021