Hurricane Ida Recovery Information:
---->>> TIMELINE OF PROGRESS! (As of 9/26/2023)
Work continues daily for Lady of the Sea's Temporary Hospital
Read more about and see pictures of the progression of this project!
Lady of the Sea is offering the following services to the South Lafourche community:
EMERGENCY SERVICES - available 24/7 at our new location: 104 West 134th Street; next door to the Ambulance Station and across the street from the hospital heli-pad. Follow signs from either Hwy 1 or Hwy 3235. ER physicians and nursing staff on-site. Call (985) 632-6401 for more info.
FAMILY MEDICAL CLINICS -
- Lady of the Sea Family Medical Clinic – Cut Off: all providers are in the clinic seeing patients Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Extended Hours are Monday through Friday from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Walk-in Care - No Appointment Necessary! Outpatient Lab, Radiology and Cardiopulmonary services offered. Walk-Ins welcome. Covid-19 vaccinations and Flu vaccinations available. Call (985) 632-6233 for an appointment, or CLICK HERE for more information.
- Lady of the Sea Family Medical Clinic – Larose: all providers are in the clinic seeing patients Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Outpatient lab services offered. Walk-Ins welcome. Covid-19 vaccinations and Flu vaccinations available. Call (985) 798-7000 for an appointment, or CLICK HERE for more information.
OUTPATIENT SERVICES -
- Laboratory - available at both family medical clinics Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for anyone with a physician order. Lab orders can be faxed to 985-632-8513. Lab services are also available with an order at the ER in the evenings and weekends. Call (985) 632-8277 for more info.
- Radiology – X-ray, CAT Scan, and Ultrasound are currently offered at LOSMC – Cut Off Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM for anyone with a physician order. Outpatient Radiology services are also available at the ER for evenings and weekends. Call (985) 632-8359 for more info.
- Cardiopulmonary (Holter Monitors, EKGs, etc.) – offered Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for anyone with a physician order. Call (985) 632-6401 for more information.
- Outpatient Registration Fax Number: (985) 632-8513
OUTPATIENT REHAB CLINIC - Lady of the Sea Outpatient Rehab Therapy is open Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 AM to Noon. Now located in the temporary buildings on the parking lot of Dialysis, at the corner of Highway 1 and West 134th Street in Cut Off. Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy for children and adults with a physician order. Call (985) 632-7919 for more info or CLICK HERE.
- Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy #1 – open in lobby and drive-thru at LOSMC-Cut Off. Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy is available for all patients. Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Call (985) 325-9750 for more info or CLICK HERE.
- Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy #2 – open in Rouse’s Supermarket on Highway 3235 in Larose. Lady of the Sea Community Pharmacy is available for all patient prescriptions Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Call 985-693-9260 for more info or CLICK HERE.
OTHER DEPARTMENTS - The following are located in the Administrative Office trailer:
- Patient Billing
- Medical Records
- Business Services
- Practice Management
- Human Resources
- Infection Prevention
- Materials Management
Interim Hospital - We are working to bring back inpatient services for our community in a temporary facility while we complete the permanent hospital project.
- Interim Hospital services include:
- ED – 8 beds
- MedSurg – 10 beds
- Radiology – 2 regular imaging rooms, Mammogram, DEXA Scan, Ultrasound, Mobile CT and MRI.
- Laboratory and Cardiopulmonary Services
The following are currently closed:
The Learning Center - no plans to reopen at this time.
Our nurse friends from Our Lady of the Lake distributed food and supplies in the parking lot of the Dialysis Unit in Galliano on September 13, 2021.
Visits with government officials:
On October 11, 2021, Lady of the Sea administration met with local and federal government officials and gave a tour of the damaged building to help assess the healthcare needs of the community. Pictured below: (From left) LOSGH Chief Operations Officer Tad Lafont; LOSGH Board of Commissioners Chairperson C. Michael Callais; Lafourche Parish Council Member District 8 D’Lynn Chiasson; LOSGH Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Guidry, Jr; U.S. Representative Steve Scalise; Lafourche Parish President Archie Chaisson; former LOSGH Chief Executive Officer Karen Collins; and LOSGH Attorney Denise Allemand.
U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy visited Lady of the Sea's damaged hospital facility on August 16, 2022, where he discussed our organization's plans to move forward. Pictured below: (From Left) LOSGH Board of Commissioners Chairperson Kip Plaisance; former LOSGH Board of Commissioners member Johnny Ordonne; former LOSGH Chief Executive Officer Karen Collins; U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy; LOSGH Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Guidry, Jr.; LOSGH Board of Commissioners Member C. Michael Callais
LOSGH in the Media:
Listen to the DTB Podcast presented by Bless Your Heart Nonprofit Corporation, featuring Brennan Matherne interviewing Lady of the Sea leaders Karen Collins (CEO), Lloyd Guidry Jr. (COO), and Tad Lafont (CCO) published on 4/17/2022.
Listen to an interview with CEO Karen Collins about LOSGH from Ailsa Chang with National Public Radio (NPR) which aired 10/6/2021.
Watch a video news segment about LOSGH from Mike McDaniel with Eyewitness News (WWL) which aired 9/16/2021