Home Health Agency
For the sick, the elderly, and the homebound, our caring staff makes each day a little brighter, a little better. With quality healthcare and warm, genuine support, you and your loved ones are most comfortable, content, and independent in your own home.
We are top-rated in patient satisfaction in the area!
• Skilled Nursing
• Home Health Aides
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Speech Therapy
• Medical Social Worker
• Disease Management
• Wound Care
• I.V. Program
While in the home, we also provide education and instruction for family members and patients in appropriate care and disease processes. Our staff can perform:
• Skilled observation for multiple diseases or illness, including hypertension, diabetes, and heart failure
• Collection of blood and urine specimens
• Administration of injections, IV fluids, and medications
• Baths, shampoo, and skin care
• Dietary counseling and education
• Coordinate medical equipment and supplies
Benefits of Home Care
You have a choice of how you want to recover. Family support and your own home surroundings help recovery time, especially if Lady of the Sea Home Health Agency nurses are assisting you. Whether you are in need of short-term rehabilitation or long-term continued care, we provide comprehensive services to you in the comfort of your home.
Any patient from Lockport to Grand Isle needing professional medical care may be eligible, including children. Treatment must be prescribed by the physician responsible for the patient's care. Eligibility is based on illness or injury that is either new or recurrent and needs monitoring.
The patient must be homebound. The definition of "homebound" in this case means the patient has an inability to leave the home or leaving the home would require a considerable and taxing effort on the patient.
Referrals and Payments
Patients or their family members may contact LOS directly. Questions can be answered about eligibilty, services and payments. Your physicians as well as social service personnel provide referrals. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, private payment, and managed care.
Lady of the Sea General Hospital has been providing Home Health Services to many qualified patients through the years, and this is an area where our patients can see how Lady of the Sea "treats you like family-you're one of our own!" Here are a few written comments that we have received from patients and their families about the treatment received from the Lady of the Sea Home Health Agency:
- "Thank you all for everything you have done for me. You all acted as friends-beyond the call of duty. I cannot ever repay what you have done. Thanks!"
- "All nurses were wonderful, caring and efficient and were absolutely great!"
- "Very satisfied with the service from your staff. I would recommend your service to everyone."
- "Thank you to the staff for helping me with my mom's care. Having visits from your staff helped Mom to walk and improve her health so much faster than doing it alone. Thanks again!"
In a survey that was completed by previous Lady of the Sea Home Health patients, our services and staff scored 100% positive feedback in the following categories:
- A nurse or therapist evaluated my pain.
- The staff was responsive to my reports of pain.
- My pain was well managed while a client of home health.
- I received education about pain management I would use your home health care services in the future, if necessary.
- I would recommend your home health care services to other individuals.
For additional information about our Home Health Agency, please call (985) 632-6900.